Many of you are sensitive souls. With that comes the tendency for you to absorb a lot of what is going on around you, positive or negative. If you are someone who lights up the room there’s a good chance people who need your light are going to buzz to you like moths to a flame. While it’s great to give, make sure you aren’t depleting your energy to the point where your light goes out.
Here are some wonderful tips to cleanse the negative energy on a regular basis:
1. Bubble Bath. Nothing beats washing off the day like a warm bath before bedtime. Amp up the cleansing with music, candles, and an Epsom salt and lavender oil mixture. Don’t forget the chamomile tea!
2. Let in the fresh air. My Mother is great at this. Every morning, even in cooler weather, she will open the windows a bit to let the crisp air in. It gives a clean feel and sense of renewal to the house.
3. Hug a tree: Well, at least get out in nature! Take a walk, breath in the fresh air, listen to the birds. Reconnect.
4. Get a massage from someone you feel good around, who smiles, and has a nurturing sense. Let them pamper you so you have energy to take care of others.
5. Clean Up! Do a thorough cleaning twice a year. This gets rid of the dust bunnies under furniture, grime on the windowsills, and who knows what under the oven!
6. Extra Credit! This is especially good if you are going through a transition such as a divorce or tough time in your life. Once your house is clean, take it to the next level with burning some sagebrush! (A.K.A.: “smudging.”) Nope. I am not kidding! A client filled me in on how she does this periodically in her home and so I thought I would give it a try. I purchased my rolled sage brush last week and looking forward to trying it out this weekend. Why not be open?! Here’s a link to the process: http://www.sageandsmudge.com/ (p.s. I found mine in Milwaukee at Outpost.)