A few years ago during one of my Circle Workshops, a client had the novel idea of calling an exercise we worked with to remove draining habits, “Rockin’ Rituals.” I love that.
I love it because <strong>the rituals we put in place during the day have a profound effect on how we view our day and really how we ultimately experience life.</strong> One of my favorite rituals is based off of Louise Hay’s mirror work.
For those of you who’ve been to my home, you know what the <strong>”magic feel good mirror”</strong> is. I call it magic because no matter who looks at themselves in it, male or female, they say, “Hey this mirror is great! I look 10 pounds thinner!”
<em>Isn’t interesting how our days are “set” by how we perceive ourselves?</em> What if we intentionally adjusted the view to our advantage? Mirror work does just that.
<h2>The process is quick and easy… and powerful.</h2>
1. First, look in the mirror. Yes, at first you may feel a bit silly but give it a try. When you are looking at yourself, let down any barriers and really look deep into your eyes. You know how someone looks eye to eye with you, making you feel like you are the only person that matters at that moment? Be that person to yourself.
2. After about 30 seconds of silence, say out loud to yourself:
3. I give and receive unconditional love today.
4. I experience __________ today. (insert word that embodies what you need. It might be peace, joy, success, balance, etc.)
5. I am full of wisdom today.
Give it a whirl. You can mix up the mantras or words… what matters is that you connect… to you!
We have an infinite amount of power to create the lives we want… and it starts today.
Grace & Success,