“Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.”
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Autopilot…checked out… on cruise control. These are all states of mind many of us find ourselves in day to day. Instead of simply existing, choose to wake up to life and RELISH the next 24 hours!
Here are some ideas to get you inspired:
· Wear the “nice” clothes you keep in your closet for “some day.”
· Set the table and use your best dishes, glasses, etc.
· Make a delicious meal while listening to your favorite music.
· Treat yourself to flowers. Research consistently links flowers with well-being.
· Eat Less but Eat Better! Planning ahead, making food choices you love, and eating slowly and mindfully is a recipe for success!
· Refresh your home with new paint colors, pillows, green plants, or candles.
· Wake up 30 minutes earlier to enjoy your morning coffee/tea and newspaper or favorite book.
· Enjoy a nice bath or long shower.
· Express your creativity through painting, music, or anything you remember doing as a child which brought you joy.