“Water is the driving force in nature.”
~Leonardo da Vinci
We’ve all heard the motto, “drink 8 glasses of water each day.” Something so simple but at times easy to forget! According to the Mayo Clinic, adequate hydrations has many benefits:
*Protects body organs and tissues
*Regulates body temperature
*Lessens burden on the kidneys
*Carries nutrients and oxygen to the cells
*Helps prevent constipation
If you’d like to have more energy and uplift your mood, why not try drinking more water this week? A few good tricks:
1. Each evening, fill a pitcher and place it in your bedroom. Upon waking, drink 1-2 glasses right away. Have it visible throughout the day or fill bottles to take with you to work.
2. If you feel hunger, first try drinking a big glass. Chances might be the stomach pains are more for hydration than food.
3. Flavor your water with lemon, cucumber slices, or a dash of juice.
4. Track your water consumption.
5. Put alarms in your smart phone.
6. Before allowing yourself a soda, commit to drinking 1-2 glasses of water. Chances are, you won’t crave the soda once you are hydrated!
Wishes to you for a happy day!