We all have our own unique strategies for creating a life filled with ease. Think back to a time when things just clicked. What were you doing? How were you approaching and living your life? What did you embrace? What did you let go?
Over the next two weeks, the Daly Gems will focus on strategies to maintain or regain your own sense of overall wellness. They will be short and sweet with the intent on creating a spark within you!
Today kicks off with a biggie…
Lack of sleep can be incredibly frustrating as it robs of us of essential down time for our bodies. Adequate shut-eye allows our brains to recharge and cells to repair themselves. We all know what amount of time is ideal for us. Listed below are strategies to achieve it:
1. Maintain a routine with a consistent snooze and awaken times.
2. Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before you hit the hay.
3. Stay away from negative or violent television before bedtime.
4. Develop a nighttime ritual (e.g. take a bath, read, drink chamomile tea.) This signals the body it’s time to wind down.
5. Make the room a television free zone.
6. Use an old fashioned alarm clock and leave your phone outside the bedroom.
7. Create a relaxing environment in your bedroom. Cozy bedding, soft lighting, cooler temperatures. Making your bedroom an oasis from hectic days will be something you look forward to.
8. Journal or think of your “wins” for the day.
9. Meditation. There are tons of free, guided meditations online.
Wishes to you for sweet dreams!