“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
Choosing to move our bodies every day not only can result in weight loss, but elevated peace of mind. What is your motivation? What are the things holding you back? When we make the shift in realization that movement is not a chore, but instead a gift of time and health we give ourselves, exercise becomes more attractive.
Here are some tips to get in the groove:
1. Find a work out buddy. The commitment you make to the other person will spur you on when you feel like giving up on the commitment to yourself.
2. Schedule it in your calendar.
3. Sign up for a class. It’s pretty difficult to walk out midstream when you’ve got an instructor and classmates!
4. Choose what you love. Crazy about dancing? Try Zumba! More interested in relaxing movement and quiet time? Go for Yoga.
5. Mix it up! It makes things interesting and works different muscles throughout your body.
6. Don’t beat yourself up. Each day and each moment are chances to begin anew.
7. Find motivation in inspiring music.
8. Plan ahead. Have your workout gear, water bottle, yoga mat, etc. out and ready to go the night before.
9. Don’t overthink it. You don’t have to go to the gym to get moving. Yard work, spring cleaning, and going for a short walk are all great ways to get moving.
Wishes to you for a healthy day!